The Admission Process
Step 1: Parent Tour
- Plan to attend our Open House or arrange an individual tour while classes are in session.
- You may visit before an application has been submitted.
Step 2: Submit Application
- Applicants must be age-appropriate for grade by August 31.
- Applications are accepted all year. Class size is limited, so it is advantageous to apply early.
- A non-refundable application fee of $50 is required with each application.
Step 3: Arrange a Student visit
- Beginners and Nursery applicants visit briefly in the classroom with their parents.
- Kindergarten through Grade 5 applicants visit the classroom in the morning and complete an individual screening with our Learning Specialist.
- Parents meet with our Head of School to ask any questions and learn more about LRS.
Step 4: Submit Supplemental Forms
These forms are to be signed by you and completed by your child’s current principal and teachers, then sent to The Long Ridge School directly from the applicant’s school, including all report cards and transcripts. All information is confidential.
- Independent School Teacher Recommendation Form- Nursery through Grade 5
- Independent School Common Report and Transcript Release Form- Kindergarten – Grade 5
Step 5: Acceptance Decisions
- Applicant families will be notified soon after the application and student visit are complete. Acceptance letters and packets in January for Beginners and Nursery applicants and in February for Kindergarten through Grade 5 applicants.
Step 6: Financial Aid
- Acceptance to LRS is not based on financial need.
- All applications for financial aid must be submitted by January 15. Information is available through the Admissions Office or on the website.