The Admission Process
- Arrange an individual tour while classes are in session.
- Tours are scheduled for Monday through Friday mornings.
- You may visit before an application has been submitted.
- Applicants should be age-appropriate for grade by August 31 (For example, a child entering our Kindergarten should be 5 by August 31st). However, the Long Ridge School evaluates each child’s school readiness and class placement on an individual basis. Although we take into consideration parental input, professional assessment, and the specific needs of the child, the final decision of an offer of admission and specific grade and class placement rests solely with the school administration.
- Applications are accepted all year. Class size is limited, so it is advantageous to apply early.
- A non-refundable application fee of $75 is required with each application.
- Beginners and Nursery applicants visit briefly in the classroom with their parents.
- Kindergarten through Grade 5 applicants visit the classroom in the morning and complete an individual screening with our Learning Specialist.
- Parents may meet with our Head of School to ask any questions and learn more about Long Ridge.
These forms are to be signed by you and completed by your child’s current principal and teachers, then sent to The Long Ridge School directly from the applicant’s school, including all report cards and transcripts. All information is confidential.
- Independent School Teacher Recommendation Form—Nursery through Grade 5
- Independent School Common Report and Transcript Release Form—Kindergarten through Grade 5
- Applicant families will be notified soon after the application and student visit are complete. Acceptance letters and packets in late January for Beginners and Nursery applicants and in February for Kindergarten through Grade 5 applicants.
- Acceptance to Long Ridge is not based on financial need.
- All applications for financial aid should be submitted by January 15. Information is available through the Admissions Office or on the website.
As an alternate to Applying on our website, The Long Ridge School also uses the Standard Application Online (SAO). To learn more about using the SAO and begin your Application, click here.